VMware Cloud Community
nwilson82
Contributor
Contributor

freshly deployed vcenter appliance - unable to connect to vcenter inventory service

Hi ,

I'm wonderiing if someone could help?

I've just deployed a new vcenter applicance (for testing) and told it to use our existing SSO enviroment which has 2 other vcenter applicances in production.

The new vca is version 6.0.0-5202527 - I can login to it using SSO enabled accounts so the authentication must be working ok...

However on login it says unable to connect to vcenter inventory service...

The logs on the vsphere-client show lots of instances of this java error, but it's doesnt really explain why its failing to connect??

com.vmware.vim.binding.vmodl.MethodFault: Unable to connect to vCenter Inventory Service on exxvctest.metoffice.gov.uk

at com.vmware.vise.vim.commons.MixedUtil.getMethodFault(MixedUtil.java:148)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.commons.MixedUtil.addToCompositeException(MixedUtil.java:286)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.QueryResultTransformer.applyDisconnectedServices(QueryResultTransformer.java:120)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.QueryResultTransformer.toResultSet(QueryResultTransformer.java:55)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.SearchBasedAdapterImpl.createResult(SearchBasedAdapterImpl.java:324)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.SearchBasedAdapterImpl.getData(SearchBasedAdapterImpl.java:188)

at com.vmware.vise.data.query.impl.DataAdapterUtil.getDataFromAdapter(DataAdapterUtil.java:205)

at com.vmware.vise.data.query.impl.DataAdapterUtil.getResultFromAdapter(DataAdapterUtil.java:166)

at com.vmware.vise.data.query.impl.DataAdapterUtil.access$000(DataAdapterUtil.java:40)

at com.vmware.vise.data.query.impl.DataAdapterUtil$1.call(DataAdapterUtil.java:78)

at com.vmware.vise.data.query.impl.DataAdapterUtil$1.call(DataAdapterUtil.java:75)

at com.vmware.vise.util.concurrent.ExecutorUtil$3.call(ExecutorUtil.java:630)

at com.vmware.vise.util.concurrent.ExecutorUtil$ThreadContextPropagatingCallable.call(ExecutorUtil.java:984)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.PeerQueryServiceConnectionError: Unable to connect to vCenter Inventory Service on exxvctest.metoffice.gov.uk

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.QueryResultTransformer.createPeerQueryServiceConnectionError(QueryResultTransformer.java:152)

at com.vmware.vise.vim.data.adapters.search.impl.QueryResultTransformer.applyDisconnectedServices(QueryResultTransformer.java:116)

... 14 common frames omitted

It also goes on to say (The URLs of the services that didn't respond are: [http://localhost:10080/invsvc])

Any help would be appreciated  - all the KB articles for this error are for 5 or 5.5 ..I cant find much for 6.0

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please look into the links provided and see if they have the answers to the issues you were having.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2119422

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

0 Kudos