VMware Cloud Community
slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

export alarms from vcenter and import to new vcenter

I am trying to move some alarms from one vcenter 6.7 to new vcenter 7 and old 6.7 vcenter shouldnt be touched just basically copy over alarms from one vcenter to another

Now this could be little bit difficult task cause I know that vcenter has some alarms that are prebuild with application but I couldnt identify alarms that were created by users. If i could get information which ones are created by vcenter and which ones are created by users then i can recreate them manually i am sure there are 30 or 40 created by users

But i dont have a way to find out what is already in and what is created by users

Anyone was able to distinguish those

0 Kudos
2 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

During the upgrade of vCenter from one generation to a new one in 2nd stage of the upgrade you are receiving such an option. 

In case you have a snapshot of the old vCenter or even a backup I would recommend deleting the new one and configuring it properly. 

But now I am only guessing - is it possible or not to migrate alarm history from the old one to the new one as a separate independent option? 

0 Kudos
slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no vcenter is not upgraded we created new vcenter and old vcenter 6.7 will hang in there for some time but we will migrate some stuff like hosts folders however for now old vcenter will remain in place as we are splitting some company stuff

0 Kudos