VMware Cloud Community
nblr06
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

create subscribed content library for each cluster?

I just tested in a VCF 4.4 environment which has two vCenters in management and workload domains respectively.

one local library is created in management domain vCenter successfully and I also created a subscribed library through it.

Note that both of the libraries' storage are vSAN and there are multiple vSAN clusters in the workload domain vcenter.

The subscribed library(which has some ISO files) i just created is located in a vSAN cluster and VMs in this cluster can access files but VMs in other clusters(in the same workload domain vCenter) cannot access any ISO files from this subscribed library.

So I'm wondering about whether this is normal or not? Must I create several subscribed libraries for each clusters so that they can use?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A content library is only accessible by VM's on the same cluster.  What I've done is create my main content library on a cluster, then allow that to be published.  All other cluster subscribe to the main content library and any changes are done only to the main content library.  All my clusters are vSAN backed, so plan on space being consumed on every subscribed cluster equal to the main content library size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

A content library is only accessible by VM's on the same cluster.  What I've done is create my main content library on a cluster, then allow that to be published.  All other cluster subscribe to the main content library and any changes are done only to the main content library.  All my clusters are vSAN backed, so plan on space being consumed on every subscribed cluster equal to the main content library size.

0 Kudos
nblr06
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got it. thanks!

So can i say that content library is by design based on per-cluster?

can content library be subscribed/published across different vCenters that are not in enhanced linked-mode?

0 Kudos
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes and Yes.