VMware Cloud Community
halbewurst
Contributor
Contributor

centralized licensing authority is that possible?

Hi all,

we have a vmware environment where we have 6 vCenter servers around the globe with related vsan, horizon view, Connection servers, composer servers, vcsa and pscs.

We have on our portal one big licenses for each service and if needed another team in our company cuts out of that license what we need and creates a new key.

I am a little bit tired of asking for those keys, as we have separate ones for each site. So my idea was to cut out the total amount which we use globally and put those license on some centralized instance which just hast that one key and provides the needed seats to the related sites. (More or less like vrealize cluster does)

I have searched now for a while but was not able to find anything related to that. To me that whole licensing is a monster and i have no idea if that centralized solution explained above is possible at all.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you can merge keys but should be of same product and version

VMware Knowledge Base

I do not think you can have same key for multiple products in VMware but related to licensing of same product with same version across vcenters should work fine. you can contact the licensing team if you have challenges merging the key or for best practices.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos