VMware Cloud Community
SLGizmo
Contributor
Contributor

cannot enable scsi disk device

I am in windows Device Manager and I see I have three disk drives, which it should, the first being a Citrix Virtual Hard Disk, the second being a VMware Virtual Disk SCSI Disk Device, and a third VMware Virtual Disk Device which I just added to the virtual machine.  However, it is not showing it being enabled.  So thinking this is an easy fix I right click and select enable.  It goes through the gyrations and comes back to being disabled again.  It will not enable and I have deleted and recreated the disk driver, I have re-installed the vmtools, I have deleted and recreated the Virtual Machine and still nothing.  I have searched google.com and there are no hits for this type of issue.  Furthermore, I searched on the keywords "enable scsi disk device" on the forums and I could not find anything in relation either.  Anyone please advise how I can get this virtual machine to enable the drive?

pastedImage_0.pngThis is what I am looking at.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
antonmajor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you see it in disk management? Is it init'd and online?

What kind of disk are you adding? What are the settings? What is the san/nas etc?

0 Kudos
SLGizmo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes both Disk are showing on the Virtual Machine Properties.  Both Disk are SCSI (Virtual Device Node) and attached to SAN.  Both drives are setup the same so there is no difference in configuration settings, yet one shows enable and the second does not and if I select to enable it starts to then goes back to disabled.

0 Kudos
SLGizmo
Contributor
Contributor

So no answers? no ideas?  Thanks all for the help and ideas.

0 Kudos