VMware Cloud Community
agustaf4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can't log into vcenter using vsphere client

I download the trial of 5.5 and while on trial was able to log in using the vsphere client and web client with user administrator@vsphere.local. I went ahead and purchased the standard essentials kit license and applied it to the vcenter and the host. Not sure if this is what caused it due to the license type or if is something else cause I can't recall last time I logged using vsphere client , but as of now after the license has been applied I can only log in using the web client. If I try to log in using vsphere client like before I get a username password error using same exact credentials as always. Is this a restriction on the license type essentials kit that kills access to vcenter using vsphere due to the type of license ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Applying licenses to an evaluation shouldn't actually change anything, except for locking features which are not included in the license. Unless already done, you may try rebooting the vCenter Server to see whether this helps. You may also want to double-check the permissions on the vCenter Server object in the inventory.

André

0 Kudos