VMware Cloud Community
MustafaSadek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can't add host to distributed switch

when i add host to dristributed switch it shows me this error:

cannot complete a vSphere Distributed Switch operation for one or more host members.

---------

Noting that all host members already added to that switch . But that new host was new in cluster and was not member in the vds .

so what it is the problem here? Why operarion fails

0 Kudos
5 Replies
D_G_Tal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi , you must say more information. with this information no one can help you.

0 Kudos
MustafaSadek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok i did thank u

0 Kudos
shaokat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is all vSphere version is same? what is the vCenter version? can you please share more information?

Shaokat

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaokat-ullaha/
0 Kudos
MustafaSadek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

• When i click on the host virtual switch , there is a message appear under the distrivuted swith
  • The distributed Virtual Switch corresponding to the proxy switches on the host does not exist in vCenter or does not contain the host" error on ESXi host. .. to resolve this issue , rejoin the host to vds again ... So when i add host to vds it shows me the first message (can't xomplete the distributed switch operation for one or tqo member )
0 Kudos
KazeEnji
Contributor
Contributor

Was this host previously part of a vCenter with a vDS? If so, and if it wasn't properly disconnected from the old vDS, ESXi is holding on to the old networking information. You would need to reset the management network on ESXi and set it back up before you can reconnect it.

Granted that's a big assumption on my part though as to what's going on.

0 Kudos