VMware Cloud Community
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

all paths down

I am getting an error of all paths down when my veeam backup server looses connection to a couple of my esxi host, what does that mean?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It basically means that there's something wrong.

Please provide more details about your environment, and the backup configuration. Without any details it's hard to tell what may be causing this.

André

0 Kudos
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

We have a server running veeam 9.5 used to backup the vcenter 6.5 guests server to a hitachi san device using NFS and located in a remote building from the vmware setup. At 7:am in the morning, when backup are running and at noon when they are not running three of the esxi server in one of our clusters is showing that the backup server has lost connection and is in a all paths down state briefly and then its back to normal

0 Kudos
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

I still cannot find a reason that I would have a all paths down going to a Veeam backup server, any ideas? I thought that would be an issue trying to connect to SAN or NAS storage not a backup server

0 Kudos
VMwareOnAWS
Contributor
Contributor

I can't clarify without details but I encountered with that before it was the MTU-size configurations.

0 Kudos
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

MTU-size configuration on what in particular?

0 Kudos