VMware Cloud Community
olicata
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

acceleraion kit + vcenter

hi can i add one instance of vcenter to acceleration kit ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

can I use the new vcenter with the vcenter of the acceleration kit ?

According to the document I mentioned, you can freely use the licenses, as if they were purchased separately (i.e. not in the Acceleration Kit).

but now i need buy more sockets and 1 instance of vcenter for another site.

Depending on what you need, it may be an option (from a cost perspective) to purchase another Acceleration Kit, rather than separate licenses for vCenter Server and ESXi CPUs. Unless something changed, Acceleration Kits are limited to one Kit per Site.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not sure whether I understand your question correctly.

Anyway, Acceleration Kits (for version 5.x and newer) decompose into their individual kit components after purchase, i.e. the licenses are treated as if they were purchased separately.

This way you can e.g. use the ESXi CPU licenses with another vCenter Server instance.

for details see https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

André

0 Kudos
olicata
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

las year i bought 1 acceleration kit, but now i need buy more sockets and 1 instance of vcenter for another site.

can i use the new vcenter with the vcenter of the acceleration kit ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

can I use the new vcenter with the vcenter of the acceleration kit ?

According to the document I mentioned, you can freely use the licenses, as if they were purchased separately (i.e. not in the Acceleration Kit).

but now i need buy more sockets and 1 instance of vcenter for another site.

Depending on what you need, it may be an option (from a cost perspective) to purchase another Acceleration Kit, rather than separate licenses for vCenter Server and ESXi CPUs. Unless something changed, Acceleration Kits are limited to one Kit per Site.

André

0 Kudos