VMware Cloud Community
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert

Would like to use host profiles to configure Path selection policy differently depending on array vendor

I would like to use a Host profile to configure a non-default Path Selection Policy (PSP)  of Round Robin (RR)  for specific luns for the hosts in some of our clusters.

Most of our clusters have storage from more than one array vendor.    We have new storage a vendor where the recommended PSP is Round Robin but the default is Fixed.   So I need to selectively apply this non default policy to specific luns so we better balance load across the fabric and back end  ports on the array.

I have started to configure this with the SATP for my array with the luns that I want to change the policy on.  Thats the pic labled SATPConfig.

I am trying to Configure the RoundRobinPSP and there are 2 parameters required,   Device Name and whether to use Active Unoptimized Paths.  (RoundRobinPSPConfig  picture)

For the device name I  was wondering if I could use wildcards like  600*  or 60a*  to specify all luns from a specific vendor.

True or False?

Is  *  the wildcard character for host profiles?

Does anyone enable (check the box)  to use "Active Unoptimized Paths"  but its not clear that is considered Unoptimized  and I know this varies between arrays.   I am checking with my vendor,   just seeking the Wisdom of the Crowds....  so I can get further in my testing.    Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert

Oops,  here are the pics...

0 Kudos