VMware Cloud Community
ITVisionIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows vCenter 6.0 and external PSC migration to 6.5 vCenter appliance and PSC appliance

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on the best way to approach the following:

Current vCenter Environment supporting my Horizon View 7.1:

-  Windows 2012 vCenter 6.0.0 - build 4541947 w/ External SQL Database
-  Windows 2012 External Platform Service Controller - 6.0.0.20945

My goal is to migrate to 6.5 vCenter Appliance and external PSC Appliance.  In the near future I would like to get my other Windows based vCenters 5.5 servers migrated to appliances and utilize enhanced linked mode to connect them all together.

From an order of operation of the current 6.0 vCenter and PSC, how are these approached?  The vCenter seems straight forward, but I am unsure how the PSC needs to get migrated.

I want to position myself so I can upgrade my 5.5 vCenters to appliances at a later date and have them all linked.

Greatly appreciated any information that can be provided.

======================================================================================================

As a test, I ran the migration assistance om my vCenter 6.0 server and it detected the external PSC and threw this notice:

The Remote Platform Service Controller has not been upgraded/migrated to version 6.5.  The remote Platform Service Controller must be upgraded/migrated to version 6.5 before the vCenter Server can be migrated to vCenter Server Appliance.

Since my 6.0 Platform Service Controller is a Windows server, is their a migration path to get it to a 6.5 appliance?

Message was edited by: ITVisionIT

0 Kudos
0 Replies