VMware Cloud Community
yeayu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Server 2008 - customization issue

Hello all,

I am working on deploying a variety of Windows OS through VMware vSphere 5.5 (clone, sysprep and customize) either manually, using powercli and/or vRO.

So far I have been able to automate the cloning and customization on most of the systems, however I am struggling to clone and fully customize WS2008 SP2 Enterprise 32bits with not user interaction.

Please note: the same OS on its x64 version behaves as expected, so I am not sure what I am missing...

At the moment, the process of cloning and syspreping work fine, however the OS gets into a status of initial set up, where I need to choose manually things like: country, time, keyboard layout:

pastedImage_0.png

After clicking next and accepting the windows license terms, it asks me for the new hostname and just afterwards to reset the Administrator password:

pastedImage_1.png

What am I missing? The administrator password is set to not expire on the source VM and vmwaretools are installed correctly.

I assume is something related to the sysprep options chosen...but how can i change them?

The logs under C:\windows\temp\vmware-imc do not show any error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yeayu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone with a similar issue?

Regards

0 Kudos