VMware Cloud Community
Afro201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Why does configuring vCenter Server Appliance NFS logging stop SSO service

I've managed to replicate this fault on 5.5 U2, U3 and 6

Two host cluster, vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 U2 running as a VM (sorry I don't have exact version numbers but can provide later).

I fully configured the VCSA with IP, hostname, DNS, AD authentication. SSO and database, all defaults and running locally on the VCSA.

Forward and reverse lookups work fine.

Basically the VCSA is up and running fine with no problems whatsoever.

I go into the VCSA service web console (port 5480) and everything except Auto Deploy service is running.

Next I go and then configure NFS logging specifying the full IP address of the NFS server (a separate physical server) and path.

Click test and the green text appears showing successful. Also I notice files being written to the NFS share with folders for log and core logs.

Restart the VCSA and monitor the console for the VM.

When it gets to the line regarding obtaining SSL certificates, there is a pause and then it says the server is not reachable, service not running.

Because of this the lookup service cannot start, so even though the tomcat web server starts and the vSphere Web Client page can be browsed to, it is impossible to login.

Why would this service now have stopped?

Has anyone experienced this?

The other problem is that the VCSA web console (5480) does not fully work any longer. The page can be displayed but certain configurations cannot not be changed as the mouse pointer just remains on the wait timer icon. The config page for NFS logging is one such configuration page.

Is there a way to modify the configuration by hand so that I can disable this option?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies