VMware Cloud Community
zstar69
Contributor
Contributor

Which of the 2 million license keys do I use

I have just installed vCenter 5.1.0 without a key. I just left it blank.

Now I want to register my trial key in it. I tried almost 15 keys on my account and none work.

If I try to enter a key on one of my ESX hosts:

Invalid License key: License file not found

Under Manage vSphere Licenses, none of them are valid.

I want to insert a key for vCenter. Can someone point me to a working link on the VMWare site I could obtain the key?

I have tried these:

VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.7 (supports VMware vCenter Server 5.1 only)-- Key doesn't work
VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.7 (supports VMware vCenter Server 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0)      -- Key doesn't work
VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.7 (supports VMware vCenter Server 5.1 only) -- Key doesn't work
VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.7 (supports VMware vCenter Server 5.1 only) -- Key doesn't work
VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.7 (supports VMware vCenter Server 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0)  -- Key doesn't work

I cannot find any other instance of the word "vCenter" for evaluations so I really do think I have tried em all.

Any idea which key is to license vCenter 5.1.0?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

For vCenter Server and ESXi you don't need an evaluation key. They automatically run in evaluation mode for 60 days after installing. For some other products you may need a key. However, this can often only entered after installing the product first, which expends the vCenter Server licensing to allow these keys.

André

0 Kudos