VMware Cloud Community
JDMils_Interact
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where do I find Tag events in vCenter logs?

I'm looking for the log in vCenter where I can find events relating to tags being applied to virtual machines.

I have an application called Zerto which is a DR solution for vCenter. It replicates virtual servers from the protected to recovery sites and when called on, will recreate the original server in the DR site. Zerto version 8.5 has the ability to copy the vCenter tags associated with each virtual server as well.

I performed a DR using Zerto the other day and found that, of the 4 tags associated to the virtual machines, one always comes up in the DR site under the wrong category. And each time I fail over the servers using Zerto, that one tag will randomly appear in a different category in the DR site. Interestingly, the tag has the value "true" while the other 3 tags are mixed text. If I change the value of the tag from "true" to "CV.True", it works perfectly!?

I am trying to figger out if this is a vCenter issue (is vCenter "pushing" the wrong category to Zerto from the protected site?) or is this a Zerto issue (is Zerto pushing the wrong tag information to vCenter at the recovery site?) and would like to check the vCenter logs at both sites to see in what format the tags were read and written to/from vCenter.

Thanks

vCenter V6.7u3o

Zerto V8.5u3p1

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies