VMware Cloud Community
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What actually mean "restart the vCenter Server system" ?

Hi all,

I have a basic question.

When I change the  Runtime ID or the Databese settings  of vCenter Server General settings, these changes are required restart vCenter Server.

Ref) Configure Runtime Settings for vCenter Server

I wonder it means "restart the vCenter Server system" means "restart the Windows OS which is installed vCenter Server (or restart appliance OS) " ?

Or, just restart vCenter Server services? like below,

How to stop, start, or restart vCenter Server 6.x services (2109881) | VMware KB

I referd following documents, but this is not available for version 6.5. (I need information for v6.5)

Restart the vCenter Server System

Is someone knows some good reference or give me your knowledge?

Thank you in advance,

regards, Kaori.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

it means restart vCenter services, but sometimes it is just eaiser to reboot the entire machine.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

it means restart vCenter services, but sometimes it is just eaiser to reboot the entire machine.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
syncra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI Tom,

Thank you for yourreply.

Your answer is to the point!

0 Kudos