VMware Cloud Community
swelter2
Contributor
Contributor

Web client console requires internet access?

Just ran into a problem when our internet connection went down that I I can't open a console session with the HTML5 web console. I requires access to ajax.googleapis.com in order to function.

S

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stealth
Contributor
Contributor

I too have run into this issue.  I am unable to open a console session with the HTML5 web console.  My cluster is on a closed network with no internet access once I am VPN'ed in, so I am unable to make an outbound connection to ajax.googleapis.com.

0 Kudos
jstockall
Contributor
Contributor

The html served up by the Web client for the console tries to load two scripts from Google's CDN. There is a comment in the page source indicating that a local fallback would be used but the one of the two scripts is missing the local fallback. See below

<!-- Grab Google CDN's jQuery, with a protocol relative URL; fall back to local if offline -->

<script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="js/libs/jquery-1.6.2.js"><\/script>')</script><script src="js/libs/jquery-1.6.2.js"></script>

<!-- Grab Google CDN's jQuery UI, with a protocol relative URL; fall back to local if offline -->

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/jquery-ui.js"></script>

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
Stealth
Contributor
Contributor

So after working with VMware for this issue.  They have told me it has been resolved.  The issue was resolved in vSphere 6.0 and it was back-ported to 5.5 which will be a patch under 5.5u3...

0 Kudos