VMware Cloud Community
nra1941
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Web client 5.5 right-click within Chrome now very annoying with overlapping menu, barely usable

My setup is vSphere 5.5 with latest edition ESXi/Vcenter, and I use both Google chrome 49.0 and Firefox 45.0 on my Windows 7 machine. Recently some change happened to Google chrome, making it extremely annoying. Please see the picture. Notice that from now on (it began to show up on April 5th), everytime I right-click the mouse, one window overlapping web client menu pops up, blocking me from accessing some of the web client menu, I attempted to resolve this by selecting "settings" and turn off flash related stuff (such as flash access to camera, enforcing privacy, etc.)  How can you get rid off the menu circled in red?

Also Firefox has issue, I am using 4K monitor, the web client window is very tiny and cannot be changed even when I zoom the window to 250-300%, making no difference.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nra1941
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is how  I resolved the issues, for these who can use Firefox, I suggest you switch to Firefox and install the Adobe flash, that is difficult for me because the latest Flash on Firefox does not allow the web interface to scale properly on my 4K monitor, everything looks tiny.

1). Uninstall Google chrome,

2). Download older version of Google chrome by visiting this website:

Download Google Chrome 46.0.2490.80 (Enterprise versi for Windows - OldVersion.com

3). After installation, disable Google chrome auto update, here is the info:

Turn off Chrome updates - Super User

There will be security implication once you disable Chrome/flash update, if someone else find better solution, feel free to add your opinion here.

Update:  As of tonight, the flash inside my google chrome (still version 46.0.2490.80 ) is updated to the latest edition automatically, I have no way to stop that. :smileyangry:   Now when I use Google chrome, the annoying menu disappeared, I tried the same on my laptop, which hosts both latest Chrome and Flash, the overlapping menu also disappeared, I wonder why?  This pi*s me off.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jpsider
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

‌ddid you update your flash version recently? Can you roll it back to see if that helps?

same with your browser versions?

what about trying the HTML 5 fling?

0 Kudos
nra1941
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In the case of Google chrome, it appears to me the Adobe Flash is imbedded into the browser itself, and can only be disabled, but can't be uninstalled using "Uninstalla program", because when I removed Adobe flash completely, when I went back to Google chrome Setting-->Privacy-->Content Setting-->Plug Ins-->Manage Individual Plugins-->Adobe Flash, it is still there

I personally hate Google Chrome, it is designed by oddballs as everything is weird about it, especially the hidden menu/settings.

0 Kudos
jpsider
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

‌yes, flash and chrome are sleeping together!  

BUt have you recently upgraded chrome or FF? Or did the Flash version get upgraded since the problem occurred? 

I Would try running an older version to see if it was an update problem. I would see if you are set to auto update, it's possible that the software was updated and you just didn't pay attention to the pop up.

0 Kudos
nra1941
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Since I hate Google chrome so much, I never update it, but I suspect this ghost update itself, I don't know if u can get older ver of Google Chrome, I mean the user these days have no control over their PC

For vSphere 5.5 and 6.0, I am now using IE11, I used to use Firefox, but recently the screen resolution drive me nuts, as my screen is 4K, I can't adjust size of Web Client interface. Thanks.

0 Kudos
nra1941
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is how  I resolved the issues, for these who can use Firefox, I suggest you switch to Firefox and install the Adobe flash, that is difficult for me because the latest Flash on Firefox does not allow the web interface to scale properly on my 4K monitor, everything looks tiny.

1). Uninstall Google chrome,

2). Download older version of Google chrome by visiting this website:

Download Google Chrome 46.0.2490.80 (Enterprise versi for Windows - OldVersion.com

3). After installation, disable Google chrome auto update, here is the info:

Turn off Chrome updates - Super User

There will be security implication once you disable Chrome/flash update, if someone else find better solution, feel free to add your opinion here.

Update:  As of tonight, the flash inside my google chrome (still version 46.0.2490.80 ) is updated to the latest edition automatically, I have no way to stop that. :smileyangry:   Now when I use Google chrome, the annoying menu disappeared, I tried the same on my laptop, which hosts both latest Chrome and Flash, the overlapping menu also disappeared, I wonder why?  This pi*s me off.

0 Kudos