VMware Cloud Community
AlexK9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Web Client missing Home button (Roles, Licensing, etc.)

We are running Web Client Version 5.0.0 Build 6216225 and seem to be missing the Home button that displays the vCenter administrative options like Roles, Licensing, etc. Based on screenshots from the web I see there should be a Home button in the upper left hand corner of the screen, but our instance appears to be missing this important component (or perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?). I don't recall if this option was ever present, but I did recently install a valid SSL certificate (replaceing the default self-signed certificate) for the Web Client service....and am wondering if this is related to my issue.

Any help would be apprciated, included is a screenshot of the default Web Client splash page without the Home button.

WebClient.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To me, the second screen shot looks like vCenter 5.1, whereas you are using vCenter 5.0 which does indeed have no Home button.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Could a more clear screenshot be uploaded? I am barely able to read to figure out what you mean.

Thanks

a

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
AlexK9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hello a,

I intentionally blurred the screenshot as a matter of security best practice. Basically we are missing our Home button (and all the functions that come with it) which should be in the upper left corner of the Web Client.

Our site, missing the Home button:

NoHome.jpg

Screenshot showing the Home button on someone else's install:

media_1343688086865_lg.png

Thanks,

alex

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To me, the second screen shot looks like vCenter 5.1, whereas you are using vCenter 5.0 which does indeed have no Home button.

André

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What user are you logged in as?

Also what if you reset the customizations to defaults and check?

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

André Pett wrote:

André

Ya and that as well Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
AlexK9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi Andre,

Thanks for the response, I believe you have the identified my issue. If I understand correctly the Home button and associated features (license management, user roles, etc.) may have been added in version 5.1, which explains why it is not presented in the 5.0 version I am running.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best,

alex

0 Kudos