VMware Cloud Community
CB_AMG
Contributor
Contributor

Web Client Problems

Hi,

I've installed (in my lab) the vcenter 5.5 appliance (5.5.0.10000 Build 1624811) so 5.5.0 update 1.

I can login and everything looks fine but when ever I try to create anything the interface doesn't update. So if I create a new data centre it says it's doing it etc but it doesn't appear. If i go into the the traditional vcenter (fat) client 5.5, everything is there e.g. I see all the data centre objects that I created.

I've tried logging off and on, restarting the appliance; different browsers firefox/IE it just isn't updating. I have the plug-in installed also.

I tried to upgrade the appliance to 5.5.0.10200 Build 1891314 but this is "failing abnormally"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are some known refreshing issues in web client but if you log off and again login then it should work fine. I am wondering why appliance is not updated. How did you try to update the appliance ? Did you use online update or ISO ? Some time there is a network issue for upgrading appliance. You can re-try for upgrading.

• To monitor the progress of the update, see the /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log file.
  • The update process can take 90 to 120 minutes. Do not reboot until the update is complete.

Note: This also helps in identifying where the process has stopped, if there are any issues with the upgrade.

VMware KB: Updating vCenter Server Appliance 5.x  

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
CB_AMG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like I said logging in/out restart the appliance etc makes no difference and does not fix the update problem. It just doesn't seem to update period.

I will try the upgrade process again I probably didn't leave it for long enough.... will let you know how that goes.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CB_AMG
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't look like the support (zipped bundle) can be downloaded; patch downloads only lists 5.5 update 1. Not update 1B.

Lots of errors in the install log btw, missing directories, chunk problems etc.

0 Kudos