VMware Cloud Community
Styvboard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vmotion and network

Got a mixed environment at the moment, in the middle of migrating to new hardware and got 2 vcenters, version 5.5 and 6.0, AMD hosts and Intel hosts. Enterprise and Enterprise Plus...godness me...

Haven't been working with Distributed switches before and was hoping that a virtual machine would work if network name was the same, but it don't. So much I've learned.

But now when I try to attach a host with some machine from old environmen to new one, both with standard swithes, and I try a VMotion in VCenter from one cluster in a site to an cluster in another site I get an error that I can't change network while doing that VMotion. But it's the same network?? We got the same networks on both sites. Is Vcenter suggesting that the same network could not be present if it's on another site?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Prakas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are there any other network on the VM that is not available on target site?

Can you post the exact error you are getting?

It is also worth checking the requirements listed in Long Distance VMotion - Yellow Bricks.

0 Kudos
Styvboard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, no other network on VM. Migration wizard throws the error, haven't got the exact error and can't reproduce as I moved back the host to my old VCenter. See if I can try again later on.

0 Kudos