VMware Cloud Community
bradcarvalho
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Flash Resource Management - Error adding SSD

Hello All,

I'm having issues adding my local SSD in order to use Flash Read Cache.  When I hit "Add Capacity" it recognizes the SSD as a local disk and allows me to start the process.  Unfortunately that's as far is it gets.  The task name "Configure Virtual Flash Resource" gets generated, however it never gets past 0%.  Also, at this point I start noticing performance impacts on the ESXi host and communication issues. 

I've verified that there are no partitions present on the SSD before starting the procedure.  It's a Kingston 240GB SSD, if that matters.  Please help!

Cheers,

Brad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bradcarvalho
Contributor
Contributor

Addition:

I also get the same results when trying to add a Host Cache Configuration.  It looks like it would work but then it just waits in an "In Progress" status if I'm directly connected to the vSphere Client.  Are there any logs or anything of the like that I can pull off the ESXi host?  The same results here with the connectivity issues as well.  Seems like the host gets really slow or loses connectivity. 

Cheers,

Brad

0 Kudos
bradcarvalho
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I was able to get it to take a 50GB chunk for Host Cache.  This is working properly.  Now that I go into Vcenter and try to "Add Capacity" the drive does not show up, which is expected behavior.  Any reason you can think of why it's working for Host Cache but not for Flash Read Cache?  Screenshot attached.

0 Kudos