VMware Cloud Community
sumit187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcentre Server 6.5 Installation

During my VMware training I have loaded Esxi 6 and my Vcentre is 6. It is working fine. But when I am upgrade it to VCentre server 6.5 then I can't install Vcentre client 6.5. I didn't find it in internet to download. So how can I login when I install 6.5 Vcentre server? From where I can download Vcentre Client 6.5? I have downloaded two Vcentre server File one is VMware-VIM-all-6.5.0-4602587.iso another is VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-4602587.iso. I was trying to install VCSA but during installation I can't under the procedure as It was different from Vcentre server 6. Then I install VIM which was almost as same as Vcentre server version 6. But after successful installation I didn't find Vcentre client to download and install. So I could not login. From Some source in internet I also got the info that Vcentre server and Esxi Version should be same to run Vcentre. I am in total confusion. So please guide me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GaneshRam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sumit187 :

Request you to go through the documentation before you start off https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-65/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-65-instal...

You can manage the vcenter server in 6.5 using vsphere web client and vsphere client(html5 client). If your vcenter installation is successful please type the FQDN/IP on the browser and you should be able to proceed.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
nyinyinaing
Contributor
Contributor

You can't login from vsphere client to vCenter 6.5. You can only login from vSphere Web Client from your browser.

0 Kudos
sumit187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So which one I will install VMware vCenter Server Appliance or VMware vCenter Server and modules for Windows?

0 Kudos
nyinyinaing
Contributor
Contributor

Read about your question in below link

A comparison of vCenter Server for Windows and vCSA

As my personal view, I recommend to install vcsa.

0 Kudos