VMware Cloud Community
cb452
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter web client login hangs after upgrade to 7.0.3

Vcenter Web client page does not load after upgrade to 7.0.3

Can get to login page after login system just hangs

System Specs:
Browser: firefox 52.6 ( Can not be upgrade at this time)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
navina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the error when you try to login? Is the login successful after some time?
What is your Identity Source?

Regards,
Navin A
0 Kudos
cb452
Contributor
Contributor

What is the error when you try to login? After hitting login on the login screen the browser hangs ands does not allow access to the UI like it did before the update. Logs say login successful 

Is the login successful after some time? Left for 2 hours and stayed on the spinning loading page, so no access to UI granted 

What is your Identity Source? Active Directory ldap server 

One of our developers has a belief that our browser is not compatible with vcenter 7.03U which would be a problem as we can not upgrade the browser as it is lockdown with that browser for the foreseeable future. I did some testing and the server itself is working properly and with the use of a more up to date browser we can access the UI but does not solve our problem. I did some more research and found that vcenter supports all the way back to version 45 so maybe there is a bug that is fixed in a newer update as the version is from I believe May of this year.

0 Kudos
navina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it the same behaviour when you try with the SSO Administrator? (administrator@vsphere.local)

Regards,
Navin A
0 Kudos
cb452
Contributor
Contributor

Is it the same behaviour when you try with the SSO Administrator? (administrator@vsphere.local) Yes same behavior is noticed 

0 Kudos
Vortax_Daemon
Contributor
Contributor

Just got that same issue. I think it may be related to the browser cache. 

I switched to Chrome that was not used before and it worked ok.  

I still have to test if cleaning the browser cache is the culprit, but I had to jump to another issue. 

0 Kudos
cb452
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to clear the browser cache and refresh Firefox and the issue persisted. I have not tried reinstalling firefox and will have to give it a try  

0 Kudos
Vortax_Daemon
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like the issue is Firefox, but I cannot proceed with an upgrade right now, so I completely switched to Chrome. 

0 Kudos