First of all, hello everybody, it is my first post..
On a homelab (nested), i would like to evaluate a vsphere installation. To be more precise, i would like to follow as close as possible the SDDC documents (version 4.3).
My Problem: I tried to install Vcenter 6.7 and each time i failed...
- An active directory , ntp, dns server is setup to resolve "homelab.local" (172.16.11.4)
- An active directory, ntp, dns server is setup to resolve "sfo01.homelab.local (172.16.11.6)
- PTR and A record are done for all of servers (DNS,PSC,VCENTER,ESXI, and so on)
- NTP server is configured on 172.16.11.6
On sfo01m01esx01, i Install two PSC as described in the SDDC document (which is by the way very well desccribed).
I can't configure them because i need the vsphere client which is given by the vcenter.
So, i started to install the VCSA from the DNS server (172.16.11.6) to sfo01m01esx01
- stage 1 : always good
- stage 2: always failed (at diferente moment).
So i tried to install vcenter + embedded platform services controller: but same result..............
Could you please help me to manage this installation?
I read a lot of messages from this forum and try to correct (specially from DNS and NTP)
- configuration before launch the stage 1
- configuration before launch the stage 2
@- the dns resolution from 172.16.11.6
Thanks for the time u have taken to read my message!
I will post the error messsages screenshot, but as I said, the error messages is different at each attempt:
- failed to start content-library or failed to start vmware-vpxd
Thanks for the information about PSC. I will deploy only embedded Psc with the vcenter.