VMware Cloud Community
SudhirT1
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter appliance upgrade

Planning to upgrade the Vcenter upgrade from VCenter appliance 6.7.0.5000 to VCenter appliance 6.7.0.5200 . 

Before this do i have to check any known issues reported earlier. Like the compatibility with Back up tool Commvault etc . 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Upgrading from vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 3o (6.7.0.50000) to vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 3q (6.7.0.52000) is not an actual version change.

I expect there are no compatibility issues, but a check with backup providers or other tools that interact with the vCenter would do. I would also check in the forums if there are any reports of people who have had problems for example with the backup SW it uses.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

SudhirT1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, I updated the patching for two Vcenters to 6.7.0.52000 .But the patching is smooth . 

But now i could see the Commvault vm backup failed for all the VM's .I am not sure it is due to the Vcenter patching in of the Vcenter . 

Investigating the issue . 

Sudhir T 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao @SudhirT1 

what do you receive as an error? 
what is the version of Commvault?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

SudhirT1
Contributor
Contributor

We use Commvault 11 , and the error is unknown vm info error . After this we rebooted first the Vcenter then  the Backup Server , and the issue got resolved . 

BR 

Sudhir T 

0 Kudos
Sk1z0tT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I too am receiving Unkown VM Info error 0 using commvault and esx 6.7. with VCenter 7, how did your issue get resolved? 

0 Kudos
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It seems he rebooted the vCenter Server.

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos