VMware Cloud Community
Bgriffiths
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter / Vsphere issues 5.5

Hi All, there's alot of symptoms to my problem so I'm going to try and list them all and hopefully someone can find the linking cause:

• vsphere client when logged into vcenter can't view any vm/virtual server through console, I can see mainly an off and on state of VMs, seeing any further information (memory/spec allocation)requires about a half hour loading time.
  • vsphere web-client chucks back:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class Vmacore::Http::LocalServiceSpec:0000000001EE8DD0] _serverNamespace = /vsphere-client _isRedirect = false _port = 9090)

• An alarm within vsphere  to tell when our Vcenter Virtual server is offline triggers however it's 100% on. (logging into vsphere through host it is as if nothing is wrong)
  • Within Vcenter; following services were refusing to start: vspherewebclientsvc, vpxd. vpxd seemed to work after a reboot, but vspherewebclient still having trouble (hangs on net start)
  • event log shows alot of postgress errors complaining about not enough disk spaces, but there's still over 50GB attached to Vcenter.
  • Vpxd logs don't seem to be running, possibly related to the postgress, webclient logs show no error.

I was getting  Tomcat errors on vsphere webclient momentarily after the reboot but that quickly turned to the same 503 as above.

My attempted fixes:

• reboot vcenter
  • restart services through services.msc and cmd
  • double checking correct service dependencies through regedit

I'm really at a loss here, any help would be grand. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bgriffiths
Contributor
Contributor

Addition:

Have just taken a peak at our Horizon view client, which is giving us the warning, can't login to vcenter on address: <FQDN>:443/sdk

0 Kudos
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please check KB "503 service unavailable" error when connecting to vSphere Web Client (2121043) and see if this assist on resolving the issue.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos