VMware Cloud Community
JamalNuman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcenter Installation fails multiple times due to frequent internet disconnect for seconds,

Vcenter Installation fails multiple times due to frequent internet disconnect for seconds,

I couldn’t figure out why there is no option to “resume” the installation in case of internet disconnect for seconds particularly in countries where the internet is not stable considering the fact that this installation takes much of time.

Clip_626.jpg

5 Replies
anvanster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workaround for the disconnect issues:

Deploy a new Windows VM on your ESXi host, Copy VCSA ISO image to it and run install from there (or copy ISO file to ESXi datastore and mount it to your Windows VM). In this way since VMs are on the same vSwitch on ESXi host you will have no problems related to internet connectivity. You can even speed up installation if you change network in Windows VM to VMXNET3 adapter, which supports 10G speed (VMware tools are required).

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You should absolutely not be deploying vCenter over an Internet connection to begin with. That's just asking for failure and it wasn't built with that purpose in mind.

JamalNuman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried it again and again in a DHCP mode. Finally, stage 1 is successfully completed

Clip_667.jpg

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You seem to be full of good ideas on how to deploy vCenter in bad ways Smiley Happy

vCenter–or any other management platform–should really not be deployed using DHCP for obvious reasons. My overall advice to you is to stop trying to hack vCenter into submission but get the right infrastructure, get the right prereqs taken care of, and do it the correct way. You'll thank yourself down the line because you won't have near as many problems.

JamalNuman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks daphnissov

This is test machine but not production. For sure, in the production, we follow the instructions you have recommended