VMware Cloud Community
mikjag
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcenter 7.0

mikjag_0-1629202088532.png

Hello,

I reinstalled vcenter 7.0.2 yesterday and esxi 6.7 update3. I have done this many times and everything worked fine. Yesterday after I created my virtual distributed switch and tried to add hosts, I got a incompatibility error for the hosts, which never happened before. I researched this issue on google and it said that it was a licensing problem, stating that my evaluation license which was standard does not support the vds functionality. I talked to vmware licensing and they issued me a new 7.0.2 vcenter license,which is a standard license and applied it.

I went to the vmware store and and it is showing an Enterprise license is available  and I am thinking this is my problem.

mikjag_2-1629202849898.png

They stated that standard is the highest license and that it would make all functionality available. My research said that I need an enterprise license for all of the functionality to be available in vcenter. I still got the same issue and I cannot get the vds to allow me to add the hosts to it. Can anyone help me with this issue?

mikjag_1-1629202606178.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The editions for vCenter Server and ESXi differ.
For vCenter Server it's a Standard edition, and for the ESXi hosts it's the Enterprise Plus edition that's needed for distributed virtual switches.

Please note that ESXi 6.7 supports Distributed Virtual Switch versions up to version 6.6, so please verify that you didn't create a version 7.0 switch in vCenter Server.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The editions for vCenter Server and ESXi differ.
For vCenter Server it's a Standard edition, and for the ESXi hosts it's the Enterprise Plus edition that's needed for distributed virtual switches.

Please note that ESXi 6.7 supports Distributed Virtual Switch versions up to version 6.6, so please verify that you didn't create a version 7.0 switch in vCenter Server.

André

0 Kudos
mikjag
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was exactly the issue. It's fixed. Thank you so much! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos