VMware Cloud Community
MaxVic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcenter 6.5 installation

Hi,

i'm trying to install a Vcenter 6.5 appliance (e build) on a server (esxi 6.5): in the second part of installation i receive an error message: " Unable to start Service Control Agent" and the installation fail (look at the attachment)

the esxi host and the vcenter are in different subnets, is there any special port to open?

Any Idea?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello MaxVic,

Is this the only ESXi host which you have in the environment?

Can you login to the VCSA deployed and go to /var/log/firstboot and check the logs for sca and share it to me.

I do not think its a port issue however you can check the ports requirement for vcsa 65

http://masteringvmware.com/vcsa-6-5-system-requirements/

How is the ESXi host configured for NTP? is the NTP on ESXi host started?

Can you start NTP and configure with NTP either to an external NTP server and deploy VCSA and share us

Thanks,

MS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello MaxVic,

Is this the only ESXi host which you have in the environment?

Can you login to the VCSA deployed and go to /var/log/firstboot and check the logs for sca and share it to me.

I do not think its a port issue however you can check the ports requirement for vcsa 65

http://masteringvmware.com/vcsa-6-5-system-requirements/

How is the ESXi host configured for NTP? is the NTP on ESXi host started?

Can you start NTP and configure with NTP either to an external NTP server and deploy VCSA and share us

Thanks,

MS

MaxVic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You're right, the problem is NTP: in vcenter it was configured an external ntp server, in esxi hosts it was not configured.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Glad to hear Max.. Enjoy the new 6.5..explore the new features... You will love it

0 Kudos