VMware Cloud Community
wkleinhenz
Contributor
Contributor

VUM missing after Update

Recently I updated from 6.7U1 to the latest as of 1/19/2019 and noticed that the VUM HTML5 and Flash elements are missing,

Additional info

i am using VCSA and the service at least according to both the cli and admin ui is running

i have tried to reregister the extension with the mob page but no luck

Is this common and if so how can i fix this issue

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like a good time to open an SR.

0 Kudos
wkleinhenz
Contributor
Contributor

Correct me if im wrong but i dont believe i can do this as a VMUG user

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, not as a VMUG Advantage subscriber.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You can try the vmug forums though, I haven't been there alot myself, but the emails I get I think they might be able to help. I'm completely updated and using that license and I haven't seen that, so its not a licensing issue.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

To clarify I've seen them handle things under the advantage program as it get better visibility by the programs administrators. I don't always see direct vmware employee's responding.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Well, and to be fair, the communities here are very good. The main reason I suggested GSS is because of 1) how new this patch is (just over a week as of this writing) and 2) that I've not heard of this cropping up yet. So for bleeding edge stuff, if it's under production support, your best bet is GSS if you absolutely can't wait.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I mean from what I can see as direct VMware employees, the most active people I see aren't, unless someone tags them . I'm just trying to point out the vmug advantage forums may behave better visibility. This communities is great here, and is usually my first spot to check for problems.

0 Kudos