VMware Cloud Community
Junior2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VSphere Reinstall

Hi Guys,

This is a relatively easy one I guess for someone out there!

Had a VSphere Server but its completely dead, I cannot start any of the services even after trying every help page out there.

Can I install Vsphere Server on another physical box without there being issues even though the IP will be different. I have 3 Hosts that I need to manage

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You would just need to add the hosts back.. you would probably get a warning that these hosts are being managed by another VC. just ignore that and proceed.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you planning a complete fresh install(as in having a new DB) or planning to use the same DB? Since its just 3 hosts, you can do a complete fresh install with a new DB and add the hosts back and manage them.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
Junior2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for replying that's what I was thinking just start completely fresh with a new DB, nothing needs to be changed on the hosts does it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You would just need to add the hosts back.. you would probably get a warning that these hosts are being managed by another VC. just ignore that and proceed.

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos