VMware Cloud Community
scnetworks1
Contributor
Contributor

VSphere Essentials Install / Industrial Environment / Backups

Hello,

Am looking for basic instructions on how to install VMWare VSphere Essentials on / for 3 Standalone, 6.5 licensed ESXI Servers (inherited production facility). Need backups of VM's - can't do this now, hoping Essentials will help.

I purchased the Essentials product yesterday and a 2.5 GIG download came down - not sure where to begin / how to install. Is there instructions / a video dedicated to this somewhere by chance? There is a separate Win 10 "Management PC" that taps into each ESXI via Firefox - maybe this installs onto said windows system?

Apologies to be so "green" but am pushed to get this installed by noon tomorrow - any help / advice is appreciated. The 3 ESXI servers are running 6.5.0 Build 8935087. If I can open support ticket with VMWare for support, wish to - but getting in touch with live people these days continues to get harder

Thank you very much in advance - 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao
One thing is not clear to me.
You now have ESXi 6.5 installed on 3 nodes and you have a vCenter. Right? Or don't you have the vcenter installed?
You bought the Essential license and would like to apply it on the three nodes and on the vcenter. Right?
I would say that you just need to upload the new license key to the vCenter and apply it to both the nodes and the vCenter.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In addition to the other post before me, if you don't have a vCenter Server you can intall the licences on the ESXi hosts if you login through the ESXi Host Client -> Manage -> Licensing -> Assign license and paste the license there.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos