VMware Cloud Community
CarmineVxlan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware has removed VCSA 7.0.3.00200 Can not Restore From Backup

I am trying to restore VCSA  7.0.3.00200 aka vcenter 7.0 update 3b using a file backup. I had it set to only save a months worth of backups so I can not restore to an earlier version. Upon deploying a new VCSA I learned about all the issues surrounding that specific version and that due to those issues all files (.iso and update repos) were removed and not available for download anywhere.

I downloaded and licensed my environment through vmug advantage program so no support is included. I had a very complex lab setup as this was the base for a multi tenant cloud lab.

my vcsa boots however many services fail to start and i receive a slew of errors when I try to manually start them. Web interface does not work either.

I have scoured the internet for weeks now, so I am at the end of my rope and kindly asking for support with this issue.

I just need the vcsa 7.0.3.00200 iso and I can restore from my file backup then update to newer version. I have tried asking for help in many other places including vmware support however they do not recognize VMUG Advantage evalexperience, I do not blame them as it clearly states it comes with no support however I am not asking for tech support. This one .iso that was taken down could literally get my entire environment restored. Please can someone help?

This is my first post and I was not sure if I should have started a new thread, please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you,

Carmine Bufano

The only thing I know is that I know nothing, and I am not quite sure that I know that.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Only a thought. Please check if some certificates have expired, and need to be renewed.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/82332

André

View solution in original post

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Only a thought. Please check if some certificates have expired, and need to be renewed.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/82332

André

Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

That the certificates have expired is a possibility not to be overlooked, although self-signed certificates usually have a validity of 10 years.
From what I understand there is a "fling" that could help to identify certain problems related to a vCenter object named "vSphere Diagnostic Tool".

The ISO related to the build in question was removed months ago so I fear it is difficult to find it through the official channels.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
CarmineVxlan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@a_p_  OMG, You are a rock star! This coincided with a power failure so would have never have thought this was an issue.

[*] Store : MACHINE_SSL_CERT
Alias : __MACHINE_CERT
Not After : Jun 23 01:48:27 2022 GMT
[*] Store : TRUSTED_ROOTS

all the others were fine til 2030 I am in the process of regenerating a self signed ssl cert now. I hit a tiny snag as VCHA is enabled and that is complicating running the utility to manage the certs.

I will let you know how it turns out.

A million than yous !!

As soon as I posted this I switched back to find that it ran succesfully! @a_p_  I honestly don't know how to thank you. since the end of June I have been racking my brain out with this issue. I have spent full nights awake trying to figure this out. I hope you know just how thankful I am for this!

Get service d684fe99-b217-4f8f-9972-5ee1409281c1_com.vmware.vsphere.client
Don't update service d684fe99-b217-4f8f-9972-5ee1409281c1_com.vmware.vsphere.client
Get service 20bcee1a-6366-4b28-816f-6b5bd502c860
Don't update service 20bcee1a-6366-4b28-816f-6b5bd502c860
Get service 64320fa5-54fe-405f-90be-06eb2df98f0d
Don't update service 64320fa5-54fe-405f-90be-06eb2df98f0d
Updated 43 service(s)

The only thing I know is that I know nothing, and I am not quite sure that I know that.
0 Kudos