VMware Cloud Community
jjccooxx
Contributor
Contributor

VMUG EvalAdvantage License issues

Dear All,

I've been running the Evaluation version of vSphere 6.0 in an attempt to study VMWare as the evaluation period is limited to 60 days, I purchased the VMUG EvalAdvantage licensing providing a 365 day license for VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus and thought I had applied the license in vCenter (VCSA 6.0) however I must have applied the licenses incorrectly.  ESXi 6.0 and consequently all VMs are now reporting that they are disconnected and I have no options available to reconnect them.

I accessed the Administration / Licensing section in vSphere web Client and once again attempted to apply the VMUG License and logged out and back in again using the Local Admin account but now I am not able to view any licensing information, all I am able to see is the following message.

"vSphere Web Client Licenses error message

To view and manage licenses, you must have the Global.Licenses privilege on the vCenter Server system where this vSphere Web Client runs."

Any information to address the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jjccooxx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pleased to say that VMUG support kindly advised I needed to obtain a vCenter License key as this was not included as part of the Operations Manager Enterprise Plus key I had used.