VMware Cloud Community
quartz201110141
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC problem to access VMs

Hi  everybody,

We installed vcenter (under windows 2012) in a VM (Vitual Machine) witch is managed by an esxi 5.5 installed in a dedicated computer.

After having installed symantec antivirus i am unable to access to the VMs from VMRC.

however i can still access to vcenter by web vsphere client or vsphere client.

The symantec antivirus block the communication with the service. So i decide to unstalled it, but it is impossible for me to access the system windows 2012 under the vcenter VM, the same error is retrurned : VMRC console has been deconnected. Because of the symantec antivirus. I can't either  access it from a RDP session.

What to do ? help  please !

sincerely

Y.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌So can you gain access to the console session of the vCenter server by connecting directly to the ESXi 5.5 host it is running on with the c# client?

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
quartz201110141
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply,

under the vshere client i can connect to the esxi and  see the vCenter VM.

But When  i try to lauch the console the same VMRC error appear.

i can't connect remotely by powershell, neither by rdp beacuse it's a new installation and those service are activated.

i have no idea !

Y.

0 Kudos
quartz201110141
Contributor
Contributor

oups, a mistake !

the service (rdp and remote powershell)  are not activated

0 Kudos
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application Control of Some antivirus software do such things.

Since , you are already uninstalled the Antivirus software, just restart your vCenter server

Also stop and start vmware-vmrc.exe service from the task manager.

If it doesn't work re-install of the vSphere client will work. Give it a go and see.

Aruna Lakmal Virtualization Professional | vExpert and a Blogger
0 Kudos
quartz201110141
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i could no more access my vCenter VM installed in a esxi dedicated machine , because of the vmrc problème.

i notice in this dedicated serveur that some different VM installed in have also the same problem, for exemple a linux vm.

So i can conclude that the problem is not link to symantec antivirus service.

i unstalled the client, both the web client and the classique java one.

perhaps my computer from where i want to connect remotely is corrupt. I have to test from an other one.

Thanks for yours advices

sincerely

0 Kudos
quartz201110141
Contributor
Contributor

i install the vmware remote console on my station. I can now accès the vm but not from vsphere client or web client

but my vcencer is installed on esxi free licence, it is not possible to exécute the remote from a link.

is it possible to do directely from the vmrc.exe installed on my computer ?

thanks !

Y.

0 Kudos