VMware Cloud Community
MLowry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Workstation instance to vCenter or ESXi

My company is hoping to sell VMs to our customers.  The VM would come configured with our software.  We would do the setup work in VM Workstation.  All they would need to do is add our VM to their existing ESXi or vCenter infrastructure.  Is this possible?  Where can I go to learn more about doing this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can provide your customer an .ova format of your VM using the "Export to OVA" option from VMware Workstation Pro. Once the .ova file has been created, provide this file to the customer and have them import it to their infrastructure using VMware vSphere client. These are the steps in Workstation 9, though they have not changed for exporting VMware Workstation Documentation Center

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can provide your customer an .ova format of your VM using the "Export to OVA" option from VMware Workstation Pro. Once the .ova file has been created, provide this file to the customer and have them import it to their infrastructure using VMware vSphere client. These are the steps in Workstation 9, though they have not changed for exporting VMware Workstation Documentation Center

0 Kudos
MLowry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the information!  I'm surprised that I have to use .OVA format since I'm already working with products in the VMWare family.

0 Kudos