VMware Cloud Community
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDP transmit data speed to NFS resource (FreeNAS) is too slow in a Gigabit interface

Hello world!

I am new in this forum and before to write my problem and start the post, I encountered many posts with similar problems. But no one exactly matches with my problem.

The problem that I have is when trying to do a full image backup from a VM in my vCSA, managed by VDP. vCSA = vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 and VDP = vSphere Data Protection 6.14.

In order to make a backup from a VM (for example, a Domain Controller with many disks with data), it takes a long time (normal, there is a lot of data) but backup speed is too slow (not greater than 100 Mbit/s). VDP, vCSA and FreeNAS (physical server with a NFS datastore) are using Gigabit interfaces to link between them. The Gigabit interfaces are tested and working OK. By the other hand, a restoration from a VM it takes a normal speed (about 500-600 Mbit/s).

Any idea what happens? Is there some any restriction in order to upload data from VDP to FreeNAS?

Thank you very much. Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally we found the reason for slowing in VDP: the disks mounted in the VDP are very slow in comparison of any other we tested after.

I close this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally we found the reason for slowing in VDP: the disks mounted in the VDP are very slow in comparison of any other we tested after.

I close this now.

0 Kudos