VMware Cloud Community
baze72
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter installation - Management NIC

We have an several ESXi server and have it have the management on 192.168.1.x. This network has no internet access and just a few workstations to connect to the ESXi web console.  The virtual machines are on a different subnet completely segregated from the 192.168.1.x network. 

We now have bought vCenter and are trying in install it. I am trying to install it with 192.168.1.x nic. This network has no DNS server and it seems like that is an issue. Can someone point me in the correct direction on how we can get vCenter installed correctly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

DNS is a requirement and without it you will have issues getting vCSA installed/deployed.
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vcenter.install.doc/GUID-24D34C53-B00E-47B7...

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
baze72
Contributor
Contributor

OK. Would this be a acceptable solution:

I want to completely isolate any management from our production network--
Create a isolated management network with Active Directory and a DNS server. This will will have vCenter - vSphere  along with all the management ports for ESXi and VMWare management. 192.168.1.x and all the production would be on a different subnet. 

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Windows AD is not needed... only DNS.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Anil0210
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can provide gateway ip as dns ip 

secondly after stage1 stop the installer.

Open stage2 deployment using 5480 port and then use same ip under fqdn. So that pnid will be ip itself 

0 Kudos