VMware Cloud Community
Caffreys_col
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter evaluation install issues - web client shows blank screen

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an evaluation version of VCenter to work, but when I open the web client all I get is a blank screen. I've tried Chrome to get it to work, but it shows a little jigsaw type item and says "download failed". What download?? this is 2 weeks now trying to get this software to install and then work and I'm still no further forward in evaluating this software.

Can anyone help me please!

Regards

Colin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If its showing download failed then probably this is the issue with browser. Try with different browser or with different machine.

0 Kudos
Caffreys_col
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried IE and the latest version of Chrome. I'll try Firefox and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Caffreys_col
Contributor
Contributor

Tried firefox, still no joy.

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Can you share a screenshot or something, because it's not clear from your post how the issue looks like.

Can you describe how you installed VC?

0 Kudos
Caffreys_col
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the vcenter iso and then installed from that. I followed all the prompts with no issues. The only prompt I was concerned about was for the FQDN, but as it is not installed on a domain, I just put the IP address, as it says to do in the install.

Screenshot is a bit difficult as VC install is on a protected network with no internet access. In simple terms, I get the login page, enter my username and password, which it accepts, then I get redirected to the link  "https:/ip address/vsphere-client/?csp" which gives me a blank page.

Sorry I can't be more help.

0 Kudos