VMware Cloud Community
nhkelley
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter 7.0 Photon OS ACAS Scan

Hello;

Trying to perform vulnerability ACAS Scans (Tenable Nessus product v5.19) on our newly integrated vSphere Vcenter 7.0. Photon OS Server.

I was told that 7.0 does not utilized VMWare Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) API, but now uses Representational State Transfer (REST) API. Tenable supports SOAP only.

How can someone obtain a good credential ACAS scan for the vSphere 7.0 VCenter Server now using Photon OS instead of Linux OS as it was previously with 6.7 or 6.5?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Why are you digging so deep? Maybe I am wrong - but install latest vCenter version for 7.0.3 

0 Kudos
Redhatcc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is probably a DoD vCenter server. I would recommend upgrading to 7.0.3. A lot changed if your are on 7.0.2 or below. Also, try a credential scan with ACAS if possible, and you would need an account with elevated privilege's. 

0 Kudos
nhkelley
Contributor
Contributor

maksym007 
- Not digging deep. Just requesting assistance for answers. We do have vCenter version 7.0.3 installed. Trying to achieve a good credential scan using SSH with admin privileges elevated up to the Root level. Once again, VCENTER SOAP API does not appear to work with vCenter 7 as with previous vCenter version 6.7.  What configuration setting is required for a good credential scan for vCenter 7.0.3?

0 Kudos
nhkelley
Contributor
Contributor

Redhatcc - You are correct, it is a DoD vCenter server for discussion. We have just begun integrating vCenter 7.0.3 and using elevated privileges up to the root level for our ACAS Scans. Still working on getting credentials scans with this new version. Any suggestions, comments, or recommendations that would be of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos