VMware Cloud Community
savine07
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter 4.0 cannot upload agent

We have a BlaceCenter IBM with 3 blades.

2 ESX vCenter working , and we had some problems with the third , so I re-install ( not repair ) . but when I want to install my "new esx" in my vCenter , I have the following message to 80%

You can not install vCenter service agent ; the agent can not download .

Where is my problem ? I have a licence , I can connect my ESX VSpere with my vsphere client ...?

Cannot install VCenter Agent Service; cannot upload agent.

Where is my probleme? i have a licence, I can connect my ESX with my VSpere client... ?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please take a look at VMware KB: Adding an ESX host to vCenter Server fails with the error: Cannot install the vCenter age... to see whether this helps.

André

0 Kudos
savine07
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link, but it's for VMWare 5 and not VMWare 4.0 (no vpxd.log file on my VCenter). I can telnet TCP port 902 from my vCenter Server to the ESX host. (cf picture)

My DNS is working

But I have this error in hostd.log

[2014-12-30 15:53:13.945 61EC4B90 warning 'Proxysvc Req00010'] Connection to named pipe /var/run/vmware/proxy-vpxa failed with error N7Vmacore15SystemExceptionE(No such file or directory).

I have find this link : http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102050...

I have Follow the instructions,
I hve delete the /etc/vmware/ssl/rui.* files but when I Restart the host's Management agents, he dont, i must restart the host, and i have always the same probleme

0 Kudos
savine07
Contributor
Contributor

UP

0 Kudos