VMware Cloud Community
azertyu0
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA vCenter 7 HA problem

Hello,

I'm testing esxi 7 and vsphere 7.

I have a problem witch HA, i have 2 esxi in cluster. When i stop one Esxi my vm do not switch to the other esx.

I have a message "This host currently has no management network redundancy" How to configure this ?

Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Port group names on all ESXi hosts need to be exactly the same (case sensitive) for HA to work.

Caution: Please be careful with renaming port groups, as this will immediately disconnect VMs which use that port group!

André

View solution in original post

6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

in addition to the default HA, there's also a "vCenter HA" available. From what you write I assume that your question is about the default HA, i.e. restarting VMs in case of a host failure!?

For this to work (and simulate) you need to have the VMs located on shared storage, which is accessible to all hosts in the cluster. You may also need to turn off a host, e.g. do a hard power off to trigger HA.

Please explain how your environment looks like, and how you brought the ESXi host down.

André

0 Kudos
azertyu0
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your message.

My environment :

ESXI1 :  Esxi 7 (with 1 Vm for test)

ESXI2 :  Esxi 7 (without wm)

ESXI3 :  Esxi 7 (with VCSA vCenter 7)

My test VM stroage on NAS server available by all servers.

When i stop "esxi1" my  Test WM switch off and no server switching. I have a message "Failover of vSphere HA virtual machine failed" no more information.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are the other hosts configured (e.g. port group names, ...) so that the VM can run on them?

Is it possible to manually migrate, and run the VM to the other hosts?

André

0 Kudos
azertyu0
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I create port group name for each esxi.

I can't migrate :

"Currently connected network interface" "Network adapter 1" uses the network "Network_ESX1", which is not accessible.

Edit:  i create a new port group name and i use the same name for each esxi and migrate working but HA still not working

Edit2 : I update network on sphere and it's work ! Thank you !!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Port group names on all ESXi hosts need to be exactly the same (case sensitive) for HA to work.

Caution: Please be careful with renaming port groups, as this will immediately disconnect VMs which use that port group!

André

azertyu0
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you !

0 Kudos