VMware Cloud Community
Vv9Hx
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA error after changing Router config

I am using VCSA 7.0.3 installed on a vSphere 7.0.3.

I recently changed my LAN network from 192.168.1.0/24 to 10.2.0.0/24. Before the change, everything is fine.

After the change, vSphere works fine. vSphere web ui works fine. DHCP assigned new IP address to both vSphere and VCSA looks fine. But when I want to login the H5 web ui on VCSA, it shows "no healthy upstream".

I did some search online. Did a few things have been mentioned in similar issues.

1. I tried to login the 5480 port. It returns "exception in invoking authentication handler errno 113 no route to host"

2. I tried to manually enter the new 10.2.0.0/24 ip/netmask/gateway/dns. It returns "Setting DNS failed".

3. I tried to manually enter the old 192.168.1.0/24 ip/netmask/gateway/dns. It returns "Setting DNS failed".

4. Even both returned error, the IP set was successful. But the web ui still shows "no healthy upstream".

5. I tried to restart. Not work.

6. There are some blogs mentioning network configs through console/shell. I have the print out below.

root@localhost [ ~ ]# cat /etc/systemd/network/10-eth0.network 
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
LinkLocalAddressing=no
DHCP=ipv4
Domains=

[DHCP]
UseDomains=true
ClientIdentifier=mac
UseDNS=false

[Route]
Gateway=10.2.0.1
Destination=0.0.0.0/0

I am sorry that there may have solutions out there I didn't recognize. I have put reasonable amount of effort already.

Is there anything else I should try before I give-up and make a fresh install?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ustcweizhou
Contributor
Contributor

I suspect  host ip address is used instead of hostname in VCSA configs.

In my working testing environment, it works well whenever I change the IP. the content of some config files are

root@vcenter70 [ ~ ]# cat /etc/vmware/systemname_info.json
{"PNIDChangeAllowed": true, "PNID": "vcenter70.local", "status": "success"}

root@vcenter70 [ ~ ]# cat /etc/vmware/install-defaults/system.urlhostname
vcenter70.local

root@vcenter70 [ ~ ]# cat /etc/vmware/install-defaults/system.hostname
vcenter70.local

root@vcenter70 [ ~ ]# cat /etc/vmware/install-defaults/system.hostname.type
fqdn

0 Kudos
Vv9Hx
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. You are right. I made a fresh install and changed IP through router right away after installation. The same thing happened.

The old IP are placed where your vcenter70.local shown. hostname.type is ipv4 instead of fqdn.

I assume changing them solved the problem this time. But what if I want to change from ipv4 to fqdn in the future? Does this fqdn somewhat related with the sso vsphere.local?

0 Kudos
philiph20111014
Contributor
Contributor

how do u solve this?

my lab instance is with DHCP, and PHOTON change ip address for new one, how can login into PHOTON for change to static?

0 Kudos
UIMASTR
Contributor
Contributor

youll do that via console in Esxi 

0 Kudos