We try to find a way to remote monitor the vmdir replication (ie outside of a VCSA bash shell).
The goal is to retrieve the same information that we can get thru the "vdcrepadmin -f showfederationstatus" command and monitor this via a nagios check.
We can't find an API to retrieve this information.
Currently we are thinking to write a small python webservice in order to make the information available (it launchs the command, parse it and expose a JSON output).
But perhaps someone knowns a smarter way to achieve this ?
We are running VCSA 6.7U1
If someone is interested, here is how we managed this:
- created a SSO user and added in DCAdmins group
- created a local vCenter account and modified defaut shell to bash
- writed python scripts that parse the vdcrepadmin (using the SSO user created below) and output the results in JSON files
- adds a root crontab (/etc/cron.d) to run theses scripts every 10 minutes
- on nagios side, writed a plugin that grab files from vCenter thanks to SFTP using local vCenter account and analyse the results.
With a simple wwwroot accessible outside of the vCenter it will be possible for python scripts to write files inside the directory thus make useless the local vCenter account and SFTP part.
But we did not find such directory.