VMware Cloud Community
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA - Failed to configure network

Hi All,

I am trying to get the VCSA 6.5.0.10000 appliance running correctly on Workstation 12 Pro. This is for a personal lab in order to test functions for the VCP 6.5 course.

I have the following error and I cannot figure it out: Failed to configure network

I have tried to configure a static IP address as well as DHCP (supplied from the lab DC), but that error never goes away. When trying to connect to the appliance from the DC (using the latest version of Chrome), it connects (via the FQDN or IP address) and gets stuck in: Waiting for RPM Installation to finish (0% done.)

What am I missing? The appliance has the networking configured correctly from what I see, including the correct DNS addresses (but no gateway).

Thanks!

Craig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up not installing the VCSA as the server I have is an old HP ProLiant DL380 G5. As such it kept on giving errors, and I went with the standard vCenter application installation with the use of a browser.

It's working which is the important thing.

I appreciate you getting back to me!

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The failure could be from the DNS lookup not returning properly from Workstation. Are you able to use a separate VM to verify the DNS resolves for the VCSA forward and reverse?

CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up not installing the VCSA as the server I have is an old HP ProLiant DL380 G5. As such it kept on giving errors, and I went with the standard vCenter application installation with the use of a browser.

Craig

0 Kudos
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Craig

0 Kudos