VMware Cloud Community
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA Deployment

Hi All,

I am having an issue with deploying VCSA. When deploying from a Windows 2012 Server, it sits at 0% initializing. This is even with it being on the same subnet. Can ping both ways, I see it make the VM on the host, but it doesn't move beyond that. When I run it from a desktop I do not have any issues. What could be causing this to happen? (not windows firewall)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

An update:

It seems as though the server I was deploying from required DNS of some sort. I have deployed this the VCSA without DNS many times before, I just set the system name as the IP and the DNS IP to the new VCSA IP with no issues. But in this instance the computer I was deploying from, not the VCSA, required name resolution. To what I am not sure. If anyone has any insight I would really appreciate understanding why this is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Check page 34 of the install doc... https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-vcenter-server-67-installation-guide.pdf

Does the 2012 server (is it 2012 or 2012r2?) have one of the supported browsers and such?? As noted on the page, Chrome works best... If you're using IE on the server, install Chrome on it. Or just use the desktop. Every vCSA I've deployed to date has been from a desktop system without the issue you're having (plus you're not having when using the desktop).

samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the link, it is helpful information. The server is R2, unfortunately I cannot deploy this from my workstation as it does not have direct access. I do have Chrome installed but no luck

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

So you cannot administrate the environment from your desktop???

Check the version of Chrome on the server, along with the other software requirements for the client to run (Flash, etc.) to make sure that's all on the 2012r2 VM.

Also make sure the desktop experience feature set is enabled on the 2012r2 VM. You get there from the 'Roles and Features' admin item (if you haven't done it before). If that still doesn't work, then I'd just build a Win7 or Win10 VM to deploy it from.

0 Kudos
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

An update:

It seems as though the server I was deploying from required DNS of some sort. I have deployed this the VCSA without DNS many times before, I just set the system name as the IP and the DNS IP to the new VCSA IP with no issues. But in this instance the computer I was deploying from, not the VCSA, required name resolution. To what I am not sure. If anyone has any insight I would really appreciate understanding why this is.

0 Kudos