VMware Cloud Community
DSeaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA 7.0 U2 Windows installer has blank pages

I'm having a really weird problem with the VCSA 7.0 U2 installer on Windows (2x Windows Server 2019 and 1x Windows 10). I've downloaded the ISO twice, in case one of the downloads was corrupted. What's happening is everything proceeds normally in the GUI to the page where I enter the ESXi host IP and creds. Sometimes while typing the IP/FQDN the page goes blank (like the screenshot below), or sometimes it's on the following screen after I OK the ESXi thumbprint. But I can never complete the stage 1 installer, due to the blanking out of the installer window. 

I've rebooted the Windows VMs, tried Win10/WS2019, and like I mentioned downloaded the ISO twice. I checked' the SHA256 values between the two downloads, and they were the same.

Any ideas?

2021-03-12_20-37-52.jpg

Derek Seaman
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSeaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, it turns out it was a corrupted ISO. The SHA256 for the actual download DID match VMware's published hash. However, and I'm not sure what's going on here, but when I upload the ISO to my Synology NAS via SMB on my Mac (Big Sur) via Finder, the upload gets corrupted. If I login to my Synology via its web interface and directly upload the ISO via File Station, the ISO checksum is valid. 

Fixing the corrupted NAS ISO resolved the installer blank page issue.

Derek Seaman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i have installed yesterday the new version 7.0.2 without problems!

Also the versions before was successfull.

Do you have verify if the download have correct md5-values?

0 Kudos
DSeaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good idea, but yes I verified the hash:

shasum -a 256 "VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.2-17694817.iso"

564b2660284759d45d75e53abbe95bc71ccd7442d9e0f1443160893ca0ec5da4  VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.2-17694817.iso

Derek Seaman
0 Kudos
DSeaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, it turns out it was a corrupted ISO. The SHA256 for the actual download DID match VMware's published hash. However, and I'm not sure what's going on here, but when I upload the ISO to my Synology NAS via SMB on my Mac (Big Sur) via Finder, the upload gets corrupted. If I login to my Synology via its web interface and directly upload the ISO via File Station, the ISO checksum is valid. 

Fixing the corrupted NAS ISO resolved the installer blank page issue.

Derek Seaman
0 Kudos
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Super! But why Not installing the new version version esxi and vcenter 7.0.2?

0 Kudos