VMware Cloud Community
Didi7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA 7.0.3.00100 (VM disk size extension broken) ...

Last friday I upgraded our vCenter 7.0.2.00400 to 7.0.3.00000 and today to 7.0.3.00100 but since both upgrades, I am unable to extend disk sizes of VMs, no matter what VM I choose and no matter what type of disk (thin or thick).

Even the ESXi host version behind vCenter doesn't matter. In our case ESXi v6.7.0u3 on HPE DL360 Gen10 servers or ESXi v7.0u2a on Nutanix NX-8037-G7 cluster.

As soon as I click 'Edit settings' on any VM in any of the 3 VMware clusters and try to change the value of the disk size, input is blocked. Selecting a disk results in an empty overview (no disk information available) and a disk size of 0GB.

So vCenter is now out of order regarding this feature and disks must be extended through the ESXi host client instead, which fortunately still currently works.

Trouble with vCenter 7.x Appliances from the beginning. Nightmares executing simple tasks like changing vCenter IPs or DNS-servers. Now troubles again in 7.0.3.

Common guys, this must get better, if you plan to burry v6.7 at 15th October 2022. Less than 365 days left to fix those annoying bugs.

3 other vCenter 6.7.x environments still work flawlessly.

Didi7_0-1635362391720.png

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mattamdocs
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here but on top of that it removed our custom machine cert and I just can't figure out how to reinstall it. Every way I try it throws some stupid error in the GUI. Next stop is CLI.

Hope the disk issue is sorted soon or at least we get some indication they know about the bug, really don't feel like reverting to snapshot.

0 Kudos
SUPORTEHAVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

Did you solve this?

0 Kudos
mattamdocs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes we solved this with lsdoctor script. It was an SSL mismatch.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80469

Matt

0 Kudos
SUPORTEHAVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mattamdocs. It solved this problem here too.

Command: python lsdoctor.py -t

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Santechnick
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, just found. Did you solve it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SUPORTEHAVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Santechnick,

The problem is a SSL Mismatch and you can solve it using this following steps:

First step: Download the "lsdoctor.zip" file at https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80469 and copy it to VCSA;

Second step: Unzip the file using "unzip lsdoctor.zip" than change your directory using "cd lsdoctor-master";

Third step: Run the "lsdoctor.py" script using this command: python lsdoctor.py -t (parameter -t "corrects SSL trust mismatch issues in the lookup service"

It will probably solve your problem.

deemcclanahan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you SUPORTEHAVAN, that worked for us

0 Kudos