VMware Cloud Community
rbolgerTrace3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.7u1 missing vApp Options

So I've been patiently waiting for the "Fully Featured vSphere Client" in the vCenter 6.7u1 release and I finally got a chance to upgrade a lab instance. But it seems to be missing the "vApp Options" tab in the VM configuration dialog. If I switch over to the Flex/Flash client, it exists and works just fine. I verified my VCSA is version 6.7.0.20000, build 10244745 in the VAMI UI. The Functionality Updates for the vSphere Client page claims it should be there as of the 6.7 Update 1 release. What gives?

For reference, this is an example of what I see in the Flash client:

pastedImage_3.png

And this is what I see in the HTML5 client:

pastedImage_4.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CamoiAguiar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For edit vAPP VM Option in HTML5
enable vapp html5.jpg

enable vapp html5 - 2.jpg

Remember, no all features are available in HTML5 yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rbolgerTrace3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just following up on this. I upgraded my lab vCenter to 6.7 Update 1a now (6.7.0.20100) and the vApp Options tab is still missing. Am I taking crazy pills? Did it just move and I'm being dumb? Is my install just borked and it's working for everyone else?

Interestingly, if you deploy an OVA that contains vApp Settings to configure, the deployment wizard does have a page for configuring them (and they work when set). But once the wizard is done, there's no going back and editing the settings unless you switch back to the Flash client to do it.

If anyone wants to test in their own environment, grab one of the Ubuntu Server cloud image OVAs and import that.

https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/18.04/release/ubuntu-18.04-server-cloudimg-amd64.ova

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It looks like the vApp options are accessible from a different menu item, see Manage vApp Custom Properties for a Virtual Machine

André

0 Kudos
CamoiAguiar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For edit vAPP VM Option in HTML5
enable vapp html5.jpg

enable vapp html5 - 2.jpg

Remember, no all features are available in HTML5 yet.

0 Kudos
rbolgerTrace3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Omg, thank you so much! In retrospect, this was an obvious place to look that I just missed. You just get so used to where things are.

As for not being fully featured, I thought 6.7u1 is supposed to be the first version that *is* fully featured.

Fully Featured vSphere Client in vSphere 6.7 Update 1 - VMware vSphere Blog

0 Kudos